Global import/export company seeks a Logistics Director to shape solutions for modern logical challenges. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Logistics Director will actively manage the logistics network to foresee potential issues, coordinate and negotiate with carriers and brokers, and develop additional resilient and scalable transportation capacity.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong initiative, skill in developing business relationships, and have experience in both Hazardous and Non-Hazardous transport via all transportation modes, including Global Ocean, Rail, Over-the-Road, Intermodal, and Air. The Logistics Director must reside in Washington State and work at the company Headquarters in Edmonds, Washington.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with Operations teams and Executives to develop, pilot, and execute solutions to ongoing operational challenges
- Actively seek new carriers and facilitate the expansion of current allocations and opportunities
- Develop and manage carrier relationships
- Monitor market conditions to anticipate future needs and bottlenecks
- Negotiate rates and contracts with carriers across all transportation modes
- Monitor changes to transportation costs; proactively discuss with Executives
- Troubleshoot shipping delays; collaborate with the Sales and Customer Service teams to ensure employee and end-user satisfaction
- Maintain a positive and productive attitude in both smooth sailing and crisis
- Develop strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities
- Domestic travel.
- Required: Five (5) plus years-experience with Supply Chains and Logistics
- Required: Experience in both Hazardous and Non-hazardous transport
- Required: Experience working with Ocean logistics
- 4-year degree in transportation, supply chain management, or a related field is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams across time zones
Demonstrated skill in:
- Problem solving and analysis
- Building relationships and obtaining agreement
- Written and verbal communication with parties from all demographics and cultures
- Pivoting and working in a fast-paced environment
We offer competitive salaries based on the Washington Market, 401k with company match, and comprehensive health benefits.
Applications will be reviewed in the order received. Please include a one-page cover letter with your resume.
About TRInternational, Inc.
TRI’s unique approach to chemical distribution offers a variety of products and services tailored to fit the needs of each customer. Founded in 1994 and headquartered just north of Seattle in Edmonds, WA, TRI has regional offices throughout the United States and Global Sourcing offices in Shanghai, China, and Seoul, South Korea. TRI is an active member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD), where CEO Megan Gluth-Bohan serves on the organization’s Board of Directors.
TRI holds many business certifications including the Women’s Business Enterprise National Certification (WBENC), National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), and Small Business Association Woman Owned Small Business (SBA WOSB). TRI was ranked #1 on the Puget Sound Business Journal’s largest LGBTQ-Owned Companies List in 2020 and 2021.